Strange good things still happen

STRANGE GOOD THINGS STILL HAPPEN.


The day before yesterday,the day that Eid-el-Kabir was celebrated and marked in the South was one of those days that was all gloomy for me and left me in a heap of mood swings,a rarity that became even more worrisome because I could not put a finger on its remote or direct cause.I presented a perfect human and real life-real time specimen for the medical,psychological and social interests on the subject I did all I can to shake it off and snap out of it but it wasn't working,try as I may.I eventually put a call to my Doctor to inform him that I am not feeling well,outsourcing my problems with that singular move(hahahaaa),he then told me to show up for a review and some tests which I complied with and will be getting my tests results later today as you all know,would be naturally followed by further reviews and assessments, that's their way(laughter and chuckles here).


Ahaaaa,back to the mainstream to all that was good that day.Despite all I was going through my restless self and bottled up energy would not allow me to stay pinned,so ventured out into the streets not exactly sure of my plan ,I however managed to steer my wavy mind into a decision and headed to the Suya spot to get some of my "age long weakness" and childhood delicacies.I have not been there for a long,long time and was not sure of what to expect but I knew there would be a crowd and beehive of activities,this turned out to be a perfect fit in its manifestation for really and truly, there was a crowd in commotion as individuals try to out muscle,out position or outfox the ones in front of them.I took it all in, and calmly hatched my strategy to get to the front,which was pretty simple really,maneuvering, tapping shoulders,all smiles and imposing an elderly carriage was all that it took to give me a safe but bumpy corridor to the wide Suya slab in front where I had a soul touching encounter with Baba Lawandi,meeting him after a four year hiatus.


Starry eyed,eyes wide open,he beamed with genuine joy,love and excitment in his eyes,it was all too obvious that I was taken by emotions myself as the lining of my eyes became moist despite my disguising laughter.It was a moment that left the younger men surrounding  

him,each offering their assistance and doing their strategic chores in an integrated  "Suya Industry" in awe.We exchanged warm pleasantries, although Baba has aged some more from the last time,he still retained his mental alertness and natural charm. He asked what kind of Suya I desire  and whilst I was pointing and indicating my want he encouraged me to add some other specialities  like Ram Suya and Kidney which I politely refused and settled instead for the traditional Suya meat and a  bit of the Ram genre.It should be noted that this didnot disrupt proceedings in anyway as there were  more young and agile hands on deck attending to all the agitated and restless customers that were pruded by the psychological dictates of their taste buds rather than a lack of attention. Choices made and taken to the "barbecue-furnace " for the heat and fire to initiate and conclude the  desired transformation,we continued  our small talk down memory lane with reminiscences while Baba Lawandi professionally carried out his duties and listened attentively to my contributions to our banter standing slightly away by the side poll.After about 30 minutes my Suya was ready and Baba expertly and flawlessly wrapped it after adding just the right amount of spice,Yaji as it is called in Hausa language and all the other works of Onions,Cucumber and tomatoes.And that's when I got the most "pleasant shock^ of my life as he told me not to bother when I ask how much is the cost of my Suya and made a gesture  to pay.Now this is warmth,pure and an undiluted love in a swoop! I became an uplifted ,happy and fulfilled man instanta ! I have never had an uneventful Eid -el-Kabir and just when I thought I was going to have a bad run this year,I experienced love in its purest form.

I initially penned this piece immediately I came back from the Suya Spot but it got lost when I tried to post it on one of my other platforms that needed a second prompting after posting but I guess it disappeared because I didnot do that but I am glad I manage to do a repeat, although not as brilliant as the first but it will fill in nicely in my befitting tribute to Baba Lawandi and his kind gesture of love.And as  the "overdose" of the pictorial presentation of my Suya indictes it was the excitement and euphoria of it all at work .I took  several pictures highlighting the various angles. 

CheersπŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒ








Comments

  1. Wow Suya l love them so much...ram Suya is tops for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 12 of the Premier League, a roller-coaster of emotions and swings

Imagine this !

This should set you thinking...